About Dater Montessori School
Dater Montessori is a diverse, inclusive and supportive community where the whole child develops, through team teaching, individualized instruction, and unique learning opportunities. Children attain a deep base of knowledge that allows them to become independent thinkers, considerate citizens and leaders equipped to surpass academic expectations.
We Are Dater Montessori:
- An Outstanding State Report Card rating which emphasizes the Quality Exemplar Education consistently offered at Dater Montessori
- An incredibly well-credentialed and dedicated teaching staff with a passion for teaching and learning
- A unique and diverse community of students, all present for one purpose: to learn guided by master teachers in a cooperative setting
- A strong community of parents who believe in being an integral part of their children's education
- A school where administration and staff believe in a partnership with parents looking to nurture the potential strengths and gifts in each student
- A safe, peaceful and consistent learning environment for children 3 through 12 years of age
Before and After School Care
Dater Montessori offers before and after school care for parents:
- Preschool Students — Dater Montessori staff is available for before care. If the child is an all-day student then after school would be available also from 3:45-6:00 p.m. Please call the school office (513) 363-0900 for more information.
- K-6 Grad Students — The YMCA on site program is available for before and after school care for students 6-12 years old. Please call (513) 363-0977 to arrange for care for your child.
Community Learning Centers
For our schools to transform, our communities must be revitalized. For our communities to revitalize, our schools must be transformed. They are dependent on each other and Community Learning Centers are the link.
What is a Community Learning Center (CLC)?
Schools and the communities they serve are closely linked. Seldom does one succeed without the success of the other. That's why our CLCs support student achievement, enrich and revitalize communities, and maximize the community's return on their financial investment.
We are very proud to be a CLC and a neighborhood anchor. We strive to go beyond academics to focus on the whole child by serving as a hub for community services that are available to all students, their families and the entire community. We are able to offer a variety services thanks to the collaboration and support of our many partners and the committed community of Westwood.
To learn more about the services available at our school or how your company or organization can become a CLC partner or volunteer, please contact Melissa Ridley, Assistant Principal.
Local School Decision-Making Committee (LSDMC)
LSDMC is a group of parents, teachers and community representatives. The group functions in an advisory role to the principal, to determine program, policy and budget issues for the school.
School Visits and Tours
We welcome visits from parents and guardians as well as prospective families who would like a tour. To protect student safety, all visitors must register in the office before going to the classroom. Parents/guardians who would like a conference with their child's teacher must schedule an appointment with the teacher.
We offer tours of our school every Tuesday beginning at 10:00 a.m. Our guided tours are very beneficial for the beginning parent and also parents that are new to the Montessori learning. Tours consist of observing a classroom for about 15-20 minutes then administration taking you on a tour of the school.
To schedule a tour, stop by our main office or call us at (513) 363-0900.