After-school programs and extracurricular activities provide a richer environment to help students learn and grow. At Dater Montessori, students have access to a variety of programs and activities to explore their interests.
After School Enrichment has three sessions that run through the school year. Depending on the class the session could run for 6 to 8 weeks. There are various activities that possibly will interest every child.
- Art Smart Enrichment: Allows students to explore several art forms. Students will experiment with different materials and acquire skills they can develop and enjoy throughout their lives. The program allows students the opportunity to work with an experienced teacher that shares the students’ interest in art. Snack and supplies are included in the fee.
- I Can…Ninja Warriors: This class is geared for both girls and boys and packed full of fun while learning to train like a true Ninja Warrior! Students will be taught strength and flexibility exercises to prepare their body to execute gymnastics skills and complete various physical challenges. Participants will put their training to the test through various obstacle courses!
- Karate: This class will focus on character, fitness, fun activities and learning karate skills to earn belts. Students will enjoy parties, awards, fun activities, foam sword matches, sports karate training, both staff training and focus training. All training uses positive motivational methods. Master Terrell Davis has taught at Dater for many years.
- Spanish Fiesta: Join us for a Fiesta!! We will be playing games, singing songs and reading stories in Spanish. Children will learn/practice numbers, colors, greetings, animals, and phrases in Spanish. Price includes a healthy snack.
- Tech Club: Students will learn about and how to use different technology resources using the world wide web. They will practice typing and other academic skills using websites and apps such as Schoology, MobyMax, and Google.
- YOGA & Mindfulness: Come join as we engage in fun yoga poses, cultivate a deeper connection with ourselves, make new friends and manage stress outside the classroom, while enhancing creative thinking, mindfulness, self-esteem and conscious leadership. Cezarina Trone is the founder of MIRADOR Yoga & Creativity School, an E-RYT 200, RCYT, a certified yoga teacher and trainer, life and wellness coach (CCPC), a licensed school teacher and she has many years of personal yoga & meditation experience. A yoga mat of your child’s choice is needed for each class.
Sign-ups occur on Wednesday evenings from 4:30 - 6:30 p.m. Information on the classes being offered will come home in the Tuesday folder before sign-up night.
- After-School Enrichment Program Forms
Sign-up nights for the 2018-19 school year are: